Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Braun Family Tree (Gen. 1, Chap. 3) Blooming Love and Uh-Oh?

About two hours after Zelda left, I called her and invited her back over. She agreed, to my luck! I couldn't wait to see if those butterflies were still going to be there, or if it was just something a teenage boy would do, like a girl for an hour and then go run off with another girl.


As soon as Zelda arrived, I knew that this wasn't something that was going to go away. I have never, ever, felt this grenade of emotions, even with Greyson's mother.


I didn't even notice that I never told her about Greyson until I answered the door with him in my arms and Zelda said something.


''Um, Landon, are you babysitting or something? Did you just call me over to see if I could help you with something?''


I looked at Greyson in my arms. Then I realized that I never told Zelda about my son. I was worried that she would just run away, I was afraid that she was going to judge me based on only the fact that I had a son.


I told her the whole story of Greyson and his mother and my parents and living with my grandmother and how I ended up here. I spilled everything, it just felt so natural. I didn't even notice how over powering I was being, and now more than ever I was afraid that she would run away and be with some guy that didn't have any strings attached.


She didn't. I couldn't believe it myself. She did not run away from me, but in fact, she forced herself towards me and my life. I've been attracted to girls since Greyson's mother and I broke up, but they all ran away as soon as they found out about him.


We spend hours talking, flirting, and getting to know each other. I even made her dinner. Yes, Landon Timothy Braun made Zelda Mae dinner. It was autumn salad, but I was still pretty impressed with myself.


By the end of the night, even though I still knew almost nothing about Zelda, I knew that I was going to fall in love with this woman. By the end of the night, we were ''going steady'', if you want to put it that way. It sounds old fashioned, but being ''boyfriend and girlfriend'' sounded too teenager-ish. Let's say we are partners. It felt like something that we should do.


But we also did something that we probably shouldn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment